The small town of Winterhaven is located at the west end of the Kings Road between the Gadbury Downs and the Cairngorm Peaks in The Realm of The Crossroads. Beset amongst dangerous wilderness, Winterhaven is a beacon of light in a land that is becoming more strange.
Most residents have never traveled beyond the village vale. The majority of villagers are farmers, though the walled heart of Winterhaven employs various craftspeople as well. Wagons occasionally travel to and from Winterhaven to Fallcrest, causing the villagers to excitedly gather in the Market Square to hear news of the outside world and to buy new and exotic goods.
Winterhaven Town Info
Population: 350; another 627 live in the surrounding area outside the city walls. The people of Winterhaven are predominantly human, with a scattering of dwarf families, and a handful of individuals of other common races, including a couple of elves.
Government: Ernest Padraig is the Lord of Winterhaven. He resides in Winterhaven Manor inside the village walls.
Defense: Lord Padraig commands the Winterhaven Regulars, who are led by Rond Kelfem.
Inns: Wrafton’s Inn
Taverns: Wrafton’s Inn
Supplies: Market Square, Smithy, Bairwin’s Grand Shoppe.
Temples: Temple of Avandra
1. Outer Gate Entrance
- Hyx – A soldier in the Winterhaven Regulars.
2. Wrafton’s Inn
- Salvana Wrafton – The owner and proprietor of Wrafton’s Inn; a female dwarf.
- Eilian the Old – A farmer that frequents Wrafton’s; a human male.
- Lord Padraig – The Lord of Winterhaven; a human male.
- Ninaran – A hunter; a female elf.
3. The Market Square
- Delphina Moongem – A vendor of wildflowers, you can find her here on Market Day; a female elf.
- Thair Coalstriker – The town blacksmith; a male dwarf.
6. Valthrun’s Tower
- Valthrun the Prescient – A sage and scholar; a male dragonborn.
7. Uma and Gumma’s
8. Warrior Guild
- Rond Kelfem – The captain of the Winterhaven Regulars; a male human.
10. Temple of Avandra
- Sister Linora – The temple priest; a female human.
11. Inner Gate Entrance
12. Winterhaven Siege Supplies
13. Winterhaven Barracks
The Nerath Outpost
The Nerath Outpost lies to the north of Winterhaven. It is an old ruined keep that has been abandoned for many years. The people of Winterhaven avoid the area. Some because of the mysterious feeling it has; others say it is haunted; others say it’s a goblin lair. Some villagers even believe it’s bad luck even to mention the outpost. One thing is clear, within two short decades after the fall of the Nerath Empire, the outpost was abandoned and left to decay.